Creating Tests with Chrome Extension
Relicx Chrome Extension
The installation and recording of a test from the Extension is a simple process documented below.
- Access to a Relicx Account is neccessary before recording any tests, if you don't already have access please ask your Relicx Account Adminstrator to invite you to join.
- Install the Relicx Chrome Extension by choosing "Add to Chrome" from here
3. Click the "Add Extension" option in the confirmation dialogue. Once the Extension is installed, the pre-requisites are complete to begin recording a test.
Recording A Manual Test
- Record a test by clicking on the extension icon now located in your browser, you will be prompted to login to your Relicx Account if you have not already. If there are multiple applications associated with your Relicx Account, you have the option to choose the desired application this recorded session will be associated with from the "Application" drop down.
Click the "Record Test" button to begin recording your session.
2. After you being recording, the Relicx Extension will work in the background to capture the steps you are taking on the web page. In the bottom right-hand side of the screen a box will show the number of steps that have been recorded. Once you have completed the desired test scenario, push the red "Stop" button to end the recording.
It may take a few minutes to process the test within Relicx, depeding on the number of steps. Once the conversion is complete, you will be able to view your recorded test under the Test tab for the chosen Application within Relicx. A user then has the option to Edit the test and add the desired steps and parameters by clicking the three dots located on the far right column of the test row.
Chrome Extension Manual Test Creation Video