Instrumenting Your App
Instrumenting your application with Relicx is a very straightforward process. In the following sections , we will describe how you can instrument your site directly, your WordPress site, in a site hosted in Webflow, or via the Google Tag Manager.
As mentioned in the the script tag must be added to all your files and it is recommended that the script tag is added to a file that is referenced from all your other files. Each application has an associated script tag and it can be found in the settings menu under the specific application entry. For direct HTML instrumentation select the script in the Add this script to your HTML option
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. It is widely popular and provides the flexibility to enable or disable any instrumentation with a click of a button.
- Login to your tagmanager account via tagmanager.google.com and click on your account
- Navigate to the Tags page via the Tags option the sidebar
- On the tags page, click on New to create a new tag
4. Give this tag a name and click on the edit icon on the top right of the tag configuration window
5. Select Custom HTML for the tab Type
6. Once this is done, paste the Google Tag manage compatible Relicx Script tag.
7. Now proceed to adding a triggering event. Select All pages to make sure the trigger is enabled for every pages where GTM is enabled.
Please note, Relicx will be instrumented on pages where GTM is enabled.
WordPress is the world's most popular content management system powering 34% of all websites on the internet.
- Login to your admin console. This is done via your <website url>/admin. Select the appearance icon ( paintbrush) from the side panel and then click on Header.
2. In the next screen, click on Theme Settings
3. In the next screen, click on the Header/Footer scripts link
4. In the next screen, you will be able to enter the Relicx tag in Header Script Text box.
Instrumenting your website in Webflow is very straightforward. It starts with logging into your Webflow account.
- Select Settings on your Website project
2. In the following screen, select Custom Code
3. Add the Relicx script code in the Head Code text box and save your changes